Friday 25 July 2014

Creativity Books List II of III

Summer 2013 reading pile; Photo © Karen Thiessen, 2013
Inspired by a list of 52 essential books on creativity, I've compiled my own and am publishing it in three sections. They are in no particular order. Books with highlighted numbers resonated with me the most. Here's another list of books on creativity. I now have another seven books to read (I've already read #8 on her list).

17. Guitar Zero by Gary Marcus
18. Shop Class as Soulcraft by Matthew Crawford
19. The Artful Dodger: Images & Reflections by Nick Bantock
20. What I Talk About When I Talk About Running by Haruki Murakami
21. The Art of Non-Conformity by Chris Guillebeau
22. Rework by Jason Fried
23. Where Good Ideas Come From by Steven Johnson
24. Creative Confidence by Tom Kelley and David Kelley
25. Learning by Heart by Corita Kent
26. Switch by Chip Heath and Dan Heath
27. In Pursuit of Elegance by Matthew E. May
28. Walking on Water: Reading, Writing, and Revolution by Derrick Jensen
29. What It Is by Lynda Barry
30. The Everyday Work of Art by Eric Booth
31. The Faith of a Writer: Life, Craft, Art by Joyce Carol Oates
32. The Art of Possibility by Rosamund Stone Zander & Benjamin Zander

No comments: