Friday 6 March 2015

Studio Series: Screen prints!

Dots, etc. screen print © Karen Thiessen, 2015
For the last few weeks I've come home from screen print class a tad frustrated. This term my prints are taking longer to resolve which means that they look pretty ugly for weeks at a time. This term the school decided to reduce our usual ten week classes to eight weeks and I'm feeling the pressure to get as much done as possible in 20% less time. Two weeks ago only two of my thirty or so prints worked out and here they are. As you can see, I'm obsessed with dots right now. Dots, etc. is a three screen print. Although it looked fine as a two screen print, the yellow adds a nice punch. I've already cut both prints up into two inch squares for my durational Day In Day Out project that I began on January 1, 2008.
Dots & Dots screen print © Karen Thiessen, 2015
Dots & Dots is pretty darn happy. Just looking at it made most of my frustrations melt away.

No comments: