Wednesday 18 May 2016

Studio Series: Finished Objects!

Flowering Snowball pillow © Karen Thiessen, 2016
The last few months have been busy with professional writing, bookkeeping, income tax, three classes over six weeks at my indie fabric shop, and my printmaking classes. Class number two was a Flowering Snowball class with Johanna Masko. I'm pleased with the results. I used fabrics that I had dyed and screen printed, along with commercial quilting cottons. Learning how to install a zipper with ease was a highlight.
Red Yellow Blue Hexagons pillow front © Karen Thiessen, 2016
This year I am motivated to finish old projects. I had pieced this red, yellow, and blue pillow top a few years ago. In January I machine quilted it but I was unsure how to add the back. On the day that I completed the Flowering Snowball project, I finished this hexagons pillow.
Red Yellow Blue Hexagons pillow back © Karen Thiessen, 2016
I am especially excited about the back of the hexagons pillow! Note the very sexy zipper. It feels good to finish old projects –– it makes room for new energy in the studio.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing pillows - well done!
I really like the hexagon pillow - especially the back - cool