Thursday 2 June 2016

Studio Series: black & white collage I

black & white collage 1 © Karen Thiessen, 2016
Three weeks of three day mini-retreats reset my studio practice. I completed two dresses and have started to wear them. While sewing the first one, it didn't occur to me to test how it functioned before cutting out the second and third dresses. I haven't yet sewn the third dress and I have enough fabric to restyle the pockets. Although I don't like the pockets in the first two dresses, the garments still feel good and fit properly. Tackling and completing a host of personal projects has injected new energy and confidence in my studio practice. I knew it would. Above is a collage that I did in my sketchbook yesterday.

1 comment:

Judy Martin said...

I am trying to sew myself clothes - I used to do it but cannot seem to find the time anymore.
I liked your post. It gives me hope about personal projects and art.
xo