Friday 9 December 2011

Self-care

The Christmas season is my least favourite time of year and I have learned that this is when I most need to practice self-care. For me this means taking a 45 minute walk during my lunch hour, reading mystery novels in the evening, eating healthy food, and practicing yoga every day. Self-care also means digging into studio work, journalling, and good visits with friends and family balanced by solitude. Practicing self-care is not indulgent: it allows me to be a better friend, partner, sister, daughter, community member, and artist. How do you take care of yourself?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

self care is a great idea - very important - I take long early morning walks in the crisp fresh air

Anonymous said...

An afternoon run with my dog, followed by a steamy mug of hot chocolate.