Wednesday 11 April 2012

Studio: potholders & moiré effect

Recently I taught a beginner quilting class at Needlework in Hamilton. In three hours I showed students how to piece fabric, iron (believe it or not, the ironing part is important!), machine-quilt, hand-quilt, make quilt binding (on the bias) from scratch and sew it on. The students were amazing and I learned as much from them as they did from me. 


For the class, I made a few sample potholders in various stages of completion. The shop wanted an image of the potholder, so I photographed it. That's when I noticed the moiré effect. Aack! Naturally, it's hard to detect in the top image, since the resolution is low. Anyways, I went over to eHow and learned how to remove it. It was as easy as pie! The bottom image shows the moiré effect removed.

No comments: