Monday 2 December 2013

Amsterdam: Street Art

Rabbits; Photo © Karen Thiessen, 2013
Amsterdam grew on me. I loved the old buildings, which are ancient compared to those in North America. The city is rich with design luminaries: Droog and Moooi both call it home. I must confess that although we walked by plenty of museums, we didn't venture in. Since we only had five days in Amsterdam, we wanted to see the city and its people. There was a lot to see. Every day we found new streets and alleys in neighbourhoods that we thought that we had explored thoroughly.
Dots; Photo © Karen Thiessen, 2013
This aboriginal-like black-and-white dot design caught my eye on our first day.
Freedom; Photo © Karen Thiessen, 2013
I'm curious to know what this poster advertised.
Text; Photo © Karen Thiessen, 2013
Water; Photo © Karen Thiessen, 2013
Do you see the yellow tap?
Club up; Photo © Karen Thiessen, 2013
An Op art poster for Late Night Tuff Guy.

No comments: