Wednesday 17 July 2013

Copenhagen: Grønlykke

Grønlykke 1; Photo credit: © Karen Thiessen, 2013
Do you believe in coincidence? By chance, I dug out my pile of Uppercase magazines a few weeks before our European adventure. Issue 2 featured a mention of Grønlykke: two shops with one name. One is located in a basement and offers paper goods.
Grønlykke 2; Photo credit: © Karen Thiessen, 2013
Next door is the fabric shop on two levels. They are located in the Strøget area at Læderstræde 3 & 5. 
Grønlykke 3; Photo credit: © Karen Thiessen, 2013
The second floor was my favourite space. Plastic tabling in a Danish design and some Japanese fabric caught my eye. I only bought 0.5 m each because we were travelling light (no checked baggage) and because it was expensive (198 DK per metre, about $40.00 Canadian/m).
Grønlykke 4; Photo credit: © Karen Thiessen, 2013
 The striped fabrics were tempting. 
Grønlykke 5; Photo credit: © Karen Thiessen, 2013
The owner generously allowed me to photograph the store.
Grønlykke 6; Photo credit: © Karen Thiessen, 2013
 This is some of their plastic tabling.
Grønlykke 7; Photo credit: © Karen Thiessen, 2013
A lovely colour-coordinated stack of bolts of their quilting fabric. I'm loving the dotty fabrics. By the way, I do not believe in coincidence.

1 comment:

Valerie Knapp said...

Would love to see this store, wow such fabulous stripes! No doubt a wonderful trip. V.