Friday 26 July 2013

Copenhagen: Tutein & Koch

Tutein & Koch is another shop that I visited several times. It's an art supply store located at Farvergade 8, basically the same street as Grønlykke (Læderstræde turns into Farvergade as you walk toward city hall). 

Their selection of colourful tags and butcher's twine caught my eye. Both are products of Denmark. I bought a few tags and a small reel of black & white twine.
Copenhagen was awash in washi tape. I bought two rolls at Hay House and then bought three more at Tutein & Koch. Washi tape, tags, and twine took little room in my small suitcase. 

2 comments:

Judy Martin said...

I am really enjoying your posts about Copenhagen. If I were you, I probably would have purchased a suitcase to check on the way home, and allow myself to stock up on well designed supplies, fabrics and books.

But, on the other hand, I admire your self discipline and restraint in consuming too much stuff.

Re: urban planning and pedestrian friendly cities, I totally agree. Our son Jay wrote his masters thesis about this very thing for his architecture degree from Waterloo in 2006.

Karen Thiessen said...

Judy, I had a Baggallini zip out travel bag tucked into my suitcase, just in case, but I didn't use it. It was an adventure to pack minimally and to buy just a few small things.