Wednesday 31 July 2013

Copenhagen: flower shops & gardens

blomsterskuret on Værnedamsvej, CPH; Photo credit: Karen Thiessen, 2013
My friend Jen manages Centro Garden in Burlington, Ontario. She has a fine-tuned eye for detail and her home and garden inspire me. While in Europe, I snapped a few garden-related pics with Jen in mind. 
blomsterskuret on Værnedamsvej, CPH; Photo credit: Karen Thiessen, 2013
I would love a shop like this, with its gorgeous sidewalk display and green roof in my shopping district. Værnedamsvej was one of my favourite streets in Copenhagen. It felt like a warm, welcoming community.
Mant on Læderstrædet 30, CPH; Photo credit: Karen Thiessen, 2013
It looks like zinc boxes are the new garden accessory.
Mant on Læderstrædet 30, CPH; Photo credit: Karen Thiessen, 2013
Corten steel garden edging; Photo credit: Karen Thiessen, 2013
Corten steel garden edging offers a clean, contemporary finish to a public garden.
Corten steel garden edging; Photo credit: Karen Thiessen, 2013
Corten steel garden planters on Vesterbrogade; Photo credit: Karen Thiessen, 2013
I could see a few of these corten steel planters in my garden.
Pallet planters; Photo credit: Karen Thiessen, 2013
During dinner one evening, we spied these pallet planter beauties from our second floor perch in an inexpensive Thai restaurant.
Zinc planter on Olufsvej; Photo credit: Karen Thiessen, 2013
Tivoli topiary; Photo credit: Karen Thiessen, 2013
Normally, I do not like amusement parks of any sort. I was the odd kid who disliked Disney World. My hubby wanted to visit Tivoli, and since we had free tickets, I agreed to take a peek. The grounds were amazing and the rides were all very retro. The topiary trees were impressive.
Tivoli topiary; Photo credit: Karen Thiessen, 2013
Tivoli topiary; Photo credit: Karen Thiessen, 2013

No comments: