Tuesday 12 February 2013

Winter rhythms

Icicle; Photo credit: Karen Thiessen, 2013
On Friday we had a big snowstorm and I was pleased with how the neighbours helped each other to clear sidewalks and driveways and to dig out cars from snowdrifts. My hubby worked from home to avoid driving in the mess of it all, so although I got some work done, I didn't accomplish as much as usual. The weekend was busy with visits with friends and a visit to Needlework to help celebrate their 1st anniversary and to buy some fabric on sale. I did my part to help reduce their inventory and came home with more fabric than I intended to buy. The nice thing about fabric is that it's not fattening! This week I'm happy to be back in the rhythm of my studio work moving my community quilt project and my tags project forward.

No comments: