Friday 24 May 2013

Doors Open Hamilton 2013 highlights

Chinese text; Photo credit: © Karen Thiessen, 2013
Recently I was fortunate to visit two locations during the Doors Open Hamilton weekend. I found the Chinese text in the TCA Architects office on the third floor of the former Dominion Furniture building. As always, I'm a sucker for pattern. The architects have brought a shabby building back to life, honouring details like the Chinese text.
Kitchen items; Photo credit: © Karen Thiessen, 2013
For many years I admired Treble Hall, a gorgeous old building that was waiting for the right owner to rehabilitate it. I am grateful that the folks at Historia Building Restoration bought and are restoring it. Pictured are items found on site. Once again, the dot patterns in the colander and sausage stuffer caught my eye.

No comments: