Friday 22 June 2012

Adobe Illustrator

The Third Eye; © Karen Thiessen, 2012
This week I took a break from practicing Adobe Illustrator. I had a good reason: a close friend from Halifax visited for nine days. She's an artist, so we explored Toronto, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Burlington, Dundas, and Hamilton together. It was a real treat to see the sights with a fellow artist. We ate lots of Asian food, we had quiet times where we went to separate parts of the house to chill out and read. We spent time outside drawing nature, we spent time in my studio. She brought a new game and taught my husband and me Carcassonne with the Rivers extension (I'm so hooked I bought the game, but sadly the Rivers extension is out of print, so I'll improvise it). I even showed her snippets of Wallander, convinced that as an artist she would appreciate its cinematography. She did. The best part is that after nine days together, we're better friends.

No comments: