Friday 22 March 2013

Week 60: Adobe Illustrator

Breastplate © Karen Thiessen, 2013
Even though I'm calmly juggling five studio deadlines, a Lenten drawing practice, and a daily yoga practice, I'm still maintaining my five days a week Adobe Illustrator practice. Some days it feels a bit much, but at the end of each day a sense of accomplishment is my reward. The drawing is going surprisingly well. Few of the drawings are atrocious, and some are actually good, but not great. I'm learning to relax into the drawing process and some days I really enjoy it. Ears are surprisingly difficult to draw. For now.

Breastplate is my most successful Escheresque tesselation and it was easier to make than it looks. Okay, I'll give you a hint: tilt your head sideways and you'll see what I mean. Easy peasy.

No comments: