Thursday 8 March 2012

Susan Cain: The Power of Introverts

Susan Cain sets the record straight about introversion in this TED Talk. She's just published Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking. I can't wait to read it (although the subtitle is a bit too noisy for my introvert sensibilities).


In grade two I wrote a short story about my desire to build a wall around my desk. I can still see the red brick wall that would have filtered out noise and distraction. I was, and still am, introverted, not shy. The February 6, 2012 cover of Time magazine perpetuates the myth that introverts are shy. I hope that Susan Cain's message reaches the masses and that the masses listen.


TED Talk found via India Flint's blog.

1 comment:

inaluxe said...

Hi Karen, that was really amazing viewing! so much so, I'm going out to buy the book now. Jason and I will both look forward to reading this one! (being introverts ourselves). xo Kristina