Friday 23 March 2012

Week 11: Adobe Illustrator

From Here to Infinity I © Karen Thiessen, 2012
Now that I've practiced Adobe Illustrator "hands-on-the-keyboard" for 35 hours over 11 weeks (not counting all my AI dreaming, thinking, and scheming), very cool things are beginning to happen. This week I was one with the pen and direct selection tools while I prodded and poked ordinary geometric shapes until they looked like circus freaks. Above is an oval that I twisted into a rather tame infinity shape and then put into repeat. I made about 15 patterns and as I look at the week's bounty I realize that all my patterns have orange in them. This trend could be due to our hotter than usual weather for this time of the year. Oh, as of Tuesday it's also officially Spring here in Canada. How did that happen so soon?

No comments: